Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weight Watchers Update

I just got back from my Weight Watchers meeting, and I have lost 1.2 pounds! Yea. This is especially nice because I went to Gatlinburg last weekend. And as best as I can tell, Gatlinburg itself floats on an underground lake of butter and cooking oil. I probably gained at least a couple of ounces just breathing down there.

At first, I was a little chagrinned at the number because I was hoping for 2+ pounds. But then, I started thinking...a box of butter weighs 1 pound. And there are four sticks in there. So I've lost four sticks of butter, plus a couple of tablespoons. That makes me happy.
It is funny, this whole weight loss journey. I was watching Heavy last night, and I couldn't help feeling a little resentful and snarking to Matt "So the moral of the story is, if you let yourself really go, you can go to a beautiful facility and have someone train you and feed you and help you learn. Poor schmucks like me are left to figure it all out on our own, from trying to fit in work-outs in a schedule tighter than Coco's sweaters to planning a time to just go to the grocery store and buy fruit." But then I sat in my meeting and I thought about how I'm really getting this...how I'm really making a change for life. That feels good. Even with a weekend where I ate with more abandon and didn't really track anything, I lost. Perhaps I'm doing something right after all.

1 comment:

  1. I have missed my last two meetings and hope for a decent # on the scale. But your butter comparison is big, and motivating.

    My sister always says when she wins the lottery she will send herself to one of those camps. But the problem with a fancy weightloss resport is that when you come back to the real world you don't really know how to deal with 24/7 temptation. Us regular people learn the hard way, but the hard way is a good way to learn how to battle with your environment in a smart manner and end up on top!

    ReplyDelete