Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Picture of the Holy Denim Trousers (Second Coming)

Ok ya'll. For all those people that think it might be easy to take pictures of yourself wearing various cute outfits and post them on the internet for the world to see, let me say this. IT AIN'T. I had this great idea of posting a picture of my Holy Pants, being as how I had located the memory card and all the various camera accourtrements that Alice had evidently been hoarding in hopes of selling on Craigslist to fund some baby high heels for herself (homegirl has a shoe fetish, but that is another story for another day). And I have the pictures. But it was hard getting them. For one thing, I didn't want to wake up husband and baby this morning, since husband has a day off (and has been getting up at 2:30 to go to work!), so I had to take the pictures here. Which means that I stuffed my camera up my sweater sleeve, and went down to the bathrooms that no one ever uses. I had never even been in there. Which means that I didn't know that the toilets flush automatically. Scary, that. And I thought I heard someone coming while I was taking the picture, so I took it hurriedly and forgot to turn the flash off. FAIL.

So I had to come back to my desk and regroup. I just decided to bite the bullet and go to the bathroom that I always go to. Office bathroom pics: control your excitement. And if you found this page from googling those particular words, you are looking for something altogether different, buddy. Ick.

And I just realized that you can't tell diddly crap about these pants in these pictures. I'm total crap at this, ya'll. Life is hard.

At any rate, maybe you can tell something about the cut of these if you have, you know, magic vision. I can't talk enough about how awesome they are. For those who care, I am wearing a pair of black Bandolino heels with them, probably about a 3-4 inch heel. And my top and sweater are from Loft.

Oh, and that one picture of me just cheesing for the camera? That is to show you what my hair looks like when I don't bother to do much to it. I swear the bangs looked better when I left the house. And yes, I'm in a stall. No, I wasn't doing anything in there. Told you that this wasn't that kind of blog. I just thought I heard someone walking to the bathroom, so you know, I ran like a scared little girl to the bathroom stall, clutching my camera and going "Ohmygod, ohmygod" the whole way. Because it is one thing to be taking a picture of yourself in your office. It is quite another to be doing it in the most used bathroom in the building.

Daily fashion bloggers: ya'll got my respect big times.

2 comments:

  1. Bwahaha, it's a PITA isn't it? I think most people have a nice camera, tripod, and remote (or a hipster boyfriend photographer). As that my office bathroom was designed in 1947, we don't have a full-length mirror. If we did, you would have far more pics like these on my blog.

    That being said, the pics are great! I love pics of the bloggers on their blogs because it makes them more REAL, more like friends and I believe in them more. Nice to see your adorable face (and adorable clothes)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you look so pretty! I love the new hair!

    ReplyDelete