When you day starts with someone sitting in your office and saying, "Well, I'm a convicted felon..." then you know that day is gonna rock.
And by "rock", I mean "suck more than a Motley Crue groupie during a post-show hotel room rendition of Girls, Girls, Girls."
Well, actually, my day hasn't sucked that much, if you disregard the felon, and the *ahem* white powdery substance falling from the sky.
Things That Do Not Suck in Morgan's Life Right Now (in list form because I'm in a rush)
1. I had a wonderful light lunch today--veggie burger in a pita with lots of spinach (ARRR!! I'm Popeye the sailor man!), cukes, scallions, Greek yogurt and feta. So, so good that I'm cursing myself for ever buying lunch in the first place and not just packing my lunch since forever.
2. I'm wearing one of my favorite shirts today (you can see the pretty detailing at the top). I love the color, even though Matt told me it was the color of the refrigerator in his house when he was a kid. It is from Loft, I got it this Fall, and it is the only full price plus shipping Loft purchase I believe I've ever made! I am wearing it with a Loft boyfriend cardi and my Gap perfect trousers, which I didn't have to do a crazy dance to get into this morning. So there's that.
3. I went shopping at lunch today and got some workout gear at Old Navy and a couple of shirts that I'm going to take home to see if they work since I didn't want to try on in store (my hair is staticky enough, thank you very much!). I wanted something sparkly to wear when I go out of town for my birthday that would still be warm. If everything works, I'll document it and publish it on this blog. Why? It would be horrible not to. I owe you so much, gentle reader. I also got another tube of Revlon Just Bitten lipstain (full review of new make-up to come when I have a less crazy day) in the color "beloved." Yes, this stuff is my new obsession.
4. I also got a venti skinny latte extra hot, and it was amazingly good. Almost as good as saying "venti skinny latte extra hot."
5. I put dinner in the slow cooker this morning (pulled pork bbq), so I don't have to do anything when I get home, except for maybe whip up some granola because I've been obsessed with it lately, and since I bought a new yogurt maker want to try my hand at some parfaits.
So, you know, aside from doing my job, this day has been a-o.k.!
Hope everyone is staying warm today. And if you live in the southern states and want to send me a profanity laced comment about the weather, know that I totally understand.