Friday, August 13, 2010

30 Before 30

As I write this, I am 27.5 years old. I feel relatively young, but yesterday Gabby and Sam told me that I was really, really old. Sam kept going on about it, and Gabby finally relented and said, "Well, she's younger than a lot of the other mom's out there." I was about to thank her for sharing that, but she decided to finish her thought and said, "But she's still really old." Harumph.

Anyway, I decided to make a list of 30 things that I want to do before I turn 30. My husband liked the list for the most part and has already started planning #1. I may have mentioned it before, but it bears repeating: my husband rocks.

1. Go to France
2. Make croissants, brioche and challah from scratch.
3. Run a 5k.
4. Run a 10k.
5. Buy a new car.
6. Lose 15 more pounds and keep it all off.
7. Develop a skin care routine that is perfect for me.
8. Hike to the top of Mount Rogers.
9. Hike the trail between Muir Woods and Stinson Beach.
10. See at least 3 more major league ball parks.
11. See the Montgomery Biscuits and get a t-shirt.
12. Make homemade yogurt.
13. Save $5,000 of my very own.
14. Own a ridulously expensive pair of shoes.
15. Receive a hot stone massage.
16. Host a formal dinner party.
17. Create an herb garden that doesn't die within 6 months.
18. Decide if I want a tattoo or not and just get it already.
19. Acquire a digital camera and learn to use it on my own.
20. Have a date night with Matt at least twice a month.
21. Have a really nice family photo taken.
22. Learn to knit and make a scarf.
23. Paint a room.
24. Read the following books: Crime and Punishment, Madame Bovary, Ulysses, and at least one (small) thing by Proust.
25. Start (formal) college funds for the kids (we have a couple of small savings accounts but none are totally devoted to this, and poor Alice has zip).
26. Do 10 real push ups in a row.
27. Publish something.
28. Get a job I love.
29. Wear red lipstick.
30. Drink one bottle of very fancy champagne.

I am going to use this blog as a spot to document my progress. I will post pictures and other "evidence" of my completing things, and hopefully, in 2.5 years, everything will be marked off! Any help and encouragement is, of course, appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment