Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When the Stars Go Blue

It's only Tuesday. But it has already been that kind of week around here.

Without getting into anything in particular, I'll just say that nothing in my life seems to be going particularly well at the moment. There is a blind feeling of speeding down a path that is not one that I want to go down right now. And, perhaps most pervasive, there is a sense of loss for a person that I knew for such a fleeting, relatively short time.

So here I sit at my desk, wearing all black and listening to the Ryan Adams station on Pandora like some lovesick 20 year old. I kinda don't know what to do with myself. Where ever I find myself, whatever I am doing, it doesn't seem quite right, doesn't seem to be what I really need to be doing.

Mama said there'd be days like these I suppose. Kind thoughts appreciated. Also appreciated: bottles of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment